Monday, January 5, 2015

Sketch Dump and Update

     So I am thinking about chancing the name of the manga officially to The Realm of Aereningate, but I am still experimenting a little bit with the name. It's so stressful trying to keep up with this and change it all, but I feel that if I don't change things that it will seem too childish, since I came up with the concept as a child.

     Anyways, I made a quick sketch dump. Hopefully you'll enjoy.
     Just messing around with some new designs for the characters. I am definitely leaving Kaeru the way she is. For sure. I like Yolei's design a lot more now, but I am still skeptical about Ai's design. Verice and Bionca have a special place in my heart, I don't think I will ever change anything about them, because I remember how hard I worked to create them in the first place. The same goes for Yaso and Miki as well. I think I have perfected Miki's hair style well enough, so I will leave her alone. I also worked on a design for one of the bird people. I made her a while back, maybe two years ago, but I never got around to giving her a name. But I gave her sister a name. Strange. Lai is looking spot on, and so is Yolei. I doodled Taki's jellyfish, and a few of the creatures from the series. The one with the flower on it's head is used most often as a light source. As shown in the picture with Hex's demon. Lai is looking spot on, and so is Yolei.
Top Left to Bottom Right.
     Taki's jelly fish design, looking cute and deadly. I think I want the blades to be hidden for the majority of time, until it needs to fight. And there is a rough draft for the little flower creature. But if you can see, the bottom of the lantern is one of those creatures upside-down in the lantern, it's used as a fire-source.


     Like so ^^^^ So I guess the concept is that the creature, once flipped upside-down, goes into a deep sleep and the flower continues to burn while the creature sleeps. It was a strange idea, but it makes me laugh so I think I am going to keep it.

     Anyways I should probably get back to my big project I was working on and stop messing around.

Thanks everyone!

@yumi 


No comments:

Post a Comment